During challenging times, it’s easy to let negative things distract from the good things that are happening. Try this with your team.
“Celebrating Success Icebreaker”
This icebreaker is intended to help people recognize things that have gone well and to celebrate them. It also helps build self-confidence. The facilitator or meeting leader should give an overview of the activity. Then put the group into pairs and set a timer for 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes, ask the participant to find a new partner and repeat the sharing. Do this a third time.
- Pair up with someone you do not know well.
- Spend one minute each introducing yourself and sharing one work or personal success or win in the past week or two. (2 minutes total)
- Find a new success partner when bell rings.
- Goal – share and hear about success with 3 people.
- Facilitator or meeting leader can gather successes; ask for 3-4 successes from the group
This takes 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how many times the group changes pairs.